By default, the Invoice PDF file doesn’t include the Amount Due field.
To add the Amount Due field into your invoice you should make the following steps:
STEP 1: Enable advanced PDF and HTML templates
By default Netsuite advanced PDF and HTML template customization options are not enabled in the NetSuite system. To enable this option, follow the below steps
- In NetSuite, Navigate to Setup > Company > Enable Features.
- On the Enable Features page, click the SuiteCloud tab and enable the “ADVANCED PDF/HTML TEMPLATES“
Once you enable this feature, default templates will be available for customization.
STEP 2: View advanced PDF and HTML templates
Follow the steps below to view out of the box PDF and HTML templates.
- Navigate to Customization -> Forms -> Advanced PDF/HTML Template.
- The advanced template page contains a list of NetSuite Out-of-Box templates for all the record types.
STEP 3: How to add additional fields in the template?
Let’s take the Invoice template. Let’s add the following 1 new field under the standard template.
- Amount Due
STEP 4. View the available Netsuite PDF and HTML templates and select the Invoice template as the baseline design of the customization.
If “Template is preferred” is checked, then this template will be the default PDF template for printing the invoice record.
Make the template default for the particular transaction form.
Navigate to Customization > Forms > Transaction Forms and edit the desired transaction form:
* Select the printing type as “Advanced”.
* Select the Print template as “Custom Invoice PDF/HTML Template” and hit save.
* Click the “Save” button to save the template
* Open Customization > Forms > Advanced PDF/HTML Template > Custom Invoice PDF/HTML Template
* Place the cursor on the template editor where you want to add the Amount Due field and fill in the data presented below.